Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Shifts in Perspective


Everything is about perspective.

How we perceive one thing can dictate how we lead our lives, from who we love to what we do. Perceptions of what it means to be successful; perceptions of what it means to be happy; perceptions of what it feels like to be healthy... Life is like a teeter-totter of altering perspectives, and we're all along for the ride.

Exactly one month ago, I packed up my belongings and moved across the country, because in my mind, I needed a change. Everything had started to feel stale, and I realized that if I didn't do something, I wasn't sure I ever would. There is something so comforting about sticking with the status quo, no matter how discomforting it actually is for the soul. Physically, I just wanted to stay put, keep going through the motions of everyday life, seeking excitement every now and again... Emotionally, I was starving, craving, searching for something more.

I could no longer let my past dictate my present, because then, the possible merely vanishes.
I'm in the game of possibility, and what seems possible is all about perspective.

I challenge you to think about something (or someone) in your life that you can alter your perspective on; what would it look like to see your job from a new angle or your enemy as a friend? What would it feel like to think of your current unpleasant situation as a blessing in disguise?

Notice how shifts in perspective can truly open small doors of curiosity, leading to paths of gratitude and possibility...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive